Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Capstone!!! ~ Forever Grateful ~

Could C.H. be Catherine Hale? F.H. - Flossy, Franklin or Francis? J.W. - a Wiseman? Sarah's second husband was William Wiseman. Jacob Workman??

It's been a while since I've been able to post or do any research, so I've been missing it quite a bit.  But, I was contacted by a wonderful person whom has made a wish a come true! I have gotten to see the Capstone of Haletown spring! "They have the large stone in storage that covered the spring and has several "H"'s engraved into it. It would be interesting to see that stone, and know that our family did that! Amazing"

John Norris, the grandson of Cliff Norris had contacted me after finding this blog.  His grandfather's efforts saved the capstone after it was buried under a road.  The capstone now sits forever outside the Bushwhacker Jail near the local museum. 

Cliff Norris was the last living person to reside in Haletown, Missouri.  His memories and his dedication to saving this piece of history are forever, deeply appreciated.  As are his grandson's efforts in finding people in search of Haletown and its history.

I have had thousands of visitors on my blog pages, so I really hope this finds its way to other people searching for the family that once lived in this little, nearly forgotten town. 

And, maybe... Cliff Norris has left us some clues to continue the search for Jesse Anderson and other people from the past...  Anybody know about the cemetery Cliff Norris mentions?  ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment